Dear LCR members and friends,
Happy New Year!! In this month’s council update, I have five items that I wanted to highlight for you.
- Revised Sunday worship schedule: Today was the first day of the revised Sunday worship schedule, and I think it was great! Resurrection Hour was wonderful. There was a lot of excitement in the Gathering room, with lots of people eating food and building relationships. There were eight different Resurrection Hour groups/classes taking place around our campus. If you missed today, you can still sign up for a group/class with this link: Link to Resurrection Hour Signups.
- Finance: In November, income was nearly $18,000 under budget. For the six months ending November 2018, the difference between our income and expenses is a net surplus of $2,000 versus a budgeted surplus of $30,000, meaning that our “bottom line” is behind budget nearly $28,000. If you are current with your pledge, thank you. If you are behind on your pledge, pledge catch it up. And if you are blessed to be in a financial position to give more than your pledge, please prayerfully consider doing so.
- Guatemala partnership: In December, the Council approved a three-year partnership covenant with ILA Santisima Trinidad and MILAGRO. In doing this, LCR joins 23 other ELCA congregations who have formalized their commitment to partner with various congregations and ministries of the Lutheran church in Guatemala. Thanks to Charles & Suzanne Demosthenes, Mike & Marge Mynhier, Mike & Gloria Frey, John & Betty Didicher as well as Pastor Stephen, for leading LCR’s outreach commitment with Guatemala.
- Endowment Task Force update: In August, the Council approved the creation of this task force to investigate options for the Endowment fund going forward. In December, the council approved the task force’s recommendation. To summarize, there will be a new “mission/vision fund” which will be seeded with $25,000 from the existing Lang Fund. This new “mission/vision fund” will address shorter term outreach needs. Thanks for Mark Olson for his leadership of this team.
- Some upcoming key dates: There are some exciting events coming up over the next month or two, and I particularly wanted to make sure you were aware of these:
- Men’s Retreat @ Lutheranch Retreat Center: Jan 25th – 27th
- Bunko: February 9th (tickets go on sale January 20th)
Dan Lizdas, Council President