Dear LCR members and friends,
I hope that all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are getting ready for Advent to prepare your hearts for the celebration of our Savior Jesus. In this month’s council update, I will continue the “meet your council” section, by introducing one additional council member. I also have five items that I wanted to highlight for you.
- Revised Sunday worship schedule: Less than five weeks from now is January 6th, the start of our revised Sunday worship schedule! One exciting addition to our Sunday schedule is the “Resurrection Hour” that will take place from 9:45 am – 10:45 am. There are currently nine different Resurrection Hour groups/classes for adults. If you have not signed up for a group/class yet, please follow this link to see what offering you would like to check out: Link to Resurrection Hour Signups.
- Finance: As I recently communicated in a letter to the congregation, the month of October was not a good financial month for LCR. In October, income was nearly $22,000 under budget. For the five months ending October 2018, the difference between our income and expenses is a net deficit of $33,000 versus a budgeted deficit of $14,000, meaning that our “bottom line” is behind budget nearly $19,000. If you are current with your pledge, thank you. If you are behind on your pledge, pledge catch it up. And if you are blessed to be in a financial position to give more than your pledge, please prayerfully consider doing so.
- Endowment & Security Task Force updates:
- Endowment Task Force: In August, the Council approved the creation of this task force to investigate options for the Endowment fund going forward. Mark Olson is leading this work and plans to provide recommendations to council in December.
- Security Task Force: In November, the Council approved the creation of a security task force, to ensure that our campus has the proper security measures in place. This task force will be led by Matt Moschetta and reports directly to the council as to their recommendations.
- Lay Leadership Needs: In order to make our church work, we rely on numerous lay volunteers. I am so very thankful for the countless hours that so many of you dedicate to our congregation. We currently have some key leadership roles that will be open soon, as the current leaders are stepping down for a well-deserved break. Property, Technology and Fellowship are currently in need of leaders. If you gifted in any of these areas, please consider serving in a lead capacity.
- Some upcoming key dates: There are many exciting events coming up over the next month or two, and I particularly wanted to make sure you were aware of these:
- Advent Food festival: Dec 9th @ 5:30 pm (immediately following the Christmas Pageant)
- Wednesday evening Advent services: Dec 5th, 12th, 19th @ 7:00 pm
- Christmas Eve Services: Dec 24th @ 5:00 pm, 8:00 pm, 10:00 pm
- Christmas Eve Concert: Dec 24th @ 7:00 pm
- Men’s Retreat @ Lutheranch Retreat Center: Jan 25th – 27th
Meet Your Council Member
Stan Weeks – At Large Member
I am Stan Weeks; my wife, Janie and I have been attending LCR for about 5 years. We fell in love with this church the first time we came. We have been blessed to have found a church family that makes us want to do more, serving the church and others. We have lived all over the country and our passion is to travel while our legs will still carry us. Luckily, retirement enables us to travel the world. If you don’t see us at the 9:45 service, we are traveling.